- Issuance of a debit card
Your existing debit card will be replaced with a new Postbank card *.
The new card will be linked to the same account (with the new IBAN) to which the old card was linked and you will have availability on it at your disposal.
As of the Date of the operational merger, all Micro Tag contactless bracelets provided by Piraeus Bank to debit cards issued by the Bank will be deactivated. They will not be replaced by an alternative product of Postbank.
* If you have not used your Piraeus Bank debit card for more than 12 months as of 05.08.2019, you may not be automatically provided with a new Postbank debit card. You can check if you have been issued a new card by contacting our experts on 0 700 12 002 or 0 700 18 555. If your new debit card is not issued automatically, you can apply for it at your nearest Postbank office.
- Issuance of a credit card
Your existing credit card will be replaced by a new Postbank * credit card.
If you have no overdue debt, your new Postbank credit card will be automatically issued and delivered to the Bank's office from where you can receive it.
If you do not want a new credit card from Postbank, it is necessary to repay all existing obligations under the credit card agreement with Piraeus Bank.
The framework agreement between you and Piraeus Bank for issuing an international credit card, respectively the framework agreement for the issuance and servicing of international business credit cards shall not be not terminated, but a new contract for the new card with Postbank should be concluded before receiving the new credit card (see item 2 below).
* If on 30.07.2019 you have a past due debt on your existing credit card by Piraeus Bank for more than 90 calendar days, no new credit card will be issued automatically by Postbank. In this case, you will receive an invitation from Postbank to restructure the loan debt or repay the entire overdue amount.
- Receiving a new card
When your new card and PIN are delivered to a Postbank office, you will be notified by SMS from which office and at which address you can receive them. You will also be able to obtain this information on 0 700 18 555 (* 7224 - short number for mobile operators) or 0 700 12 002. If you have a credit and debit card issued, you will receive both cards in the same office of the Bank.
If you wish, you can request the card to be sent free of charge to another post office convenient for you (including in another city) by calling the above-mentioned phones.
If you receive your salary on an account opened with Piraeus Bank and your employer has a contract for a mass transfer of salaries with Piraeus Bank, your new debit card from Postbank may be delivered in person by the Bank's employees to your place of employment (according to the Customer Identification Bank procedure), to which you will be further notified by your employer.
To receive your new debit or credit card, you will need to sign a new contract and the relevant Postbank Terms and Conditions for issuing and using debit cards, respectively credit cards.
If there is an additional card issued to your existing debit or credit card, the additional cardholder must also sign a new contract at the Bank's office and the respective Postbank General Terms and Conditions for issuing and using debit cards, respectively credit cards.
- Activation of the new card and deactivation of the old card
Once you receive the new card, it will not be activated immediately and will not be usable until the Date of the operational merger.
As of the Date of the operational merger, the card will be activated automatically and you will be able to use it according to the Postal Bank Terms and Conditions for issuing and using debit cards, respectively credit cards and the relevant Postbank Tariff.
Your new Postbank card will be valid for 3 years (5 years for business debit cards).
IMPORTANT: Your existing debit or credit card from Piraeus Bank will be active until the day before the Date of the operational merger and will be deactivated as of the Date of the operational merger. Your existing debit or credit card by Piraeus Bank will be deactivated on the specified date, even if you have not visited a Postbank office to receive your new card and sign a new contract with Postbank.
3. Additional credit card information from Piraeus Bank
- Information on monthly statements, credit limit and debt transfer
The last date by which you will receive a monthly statement for your credit card from Piraeus Bank is the 15th of the month during which the Date of operational merger will come.
The first date that you will receive a monthly statement on your new credit card from Postbank will be announced here and at the Bank's offices.
The existing credit limit on credit cards from Piraeus Bank of individuals will be transferred to the same amount under the new credit cards by Postbank. The credit limit on new business credit cards will be determined upon the conclusion of the respective new contract with Postbank.
The outstanding credit card liabilities of individuals from Piraeus Bank to the Date of the operational merger will be automatically transferred to the new credit cards by Postbank as follows:
- All obligations stated in the last monthly statement on your Piraeus Bank card that are not repaid in the period up to the Date of the operational merger will be transferred and credited to the balance of your new credit card by Postbank. The total amount of these obligations will be indicated in the first monthly statement on the new card as a "Previous Balance / Piraeus Credit Card". These obligations will continue to accrue interest at the annual interest rate on cash withdrawals applied to the credit card by Piraeus Bank until their final repayment.
- All liabilities accrued between the date of issue of the last monthly statement on your card by Piraeus Bank and The Date of the operational merger, if not repaid by that date, will be transferred and credited to your new credit card balance from Postbank. The total amount of these obligations will be indicated in the first monthly statement under the new card as "Transactions after the last. months extract / Piraeus credit card" These obligations will continue to accrue interest at the annual interest rate on purchases applied to your credit card by Piraeus Bank until their final repayment.
- All liabilities from transactions with your Piraeus Bank card, accounted for after the Date of the operational merger, will be transferred and credited to your new credit card by Postbank, individually listed in the first following monthly statement on your new card. These obligations will accrue interest at the annual interest rate applicable to Postbank's new credit card.
Additional information for business credit card holders: The transfer and calculating the interest on the transferred liabilities on business credit cards will be made as indicated above with respect to credit cards for individuals. The method for distributing by Postbank outstanding credit card liabilities from Piraeus Bank between the business credit card holders will be stipulated in the contract for the issuance of new business credit cards by Postbank.
IMPORTANT: The above rules for transferring and calculating interest on credit card debts will apply to obligations existing as at the Date of the operational merger, including in the case of Postbank's new credit card agreement not being signed. They shall represent an amendment to the Framework Agreements for the issuance of an international credit card, respectively Framework agreements for the issuance and servicing of international business credit cards, subject to the rules for changing the conditions under the relevant Framework Agreement.
- Ways to pay off your obligations on your new credit card from Postbank:
- In any office of the Bank;
- Online through the e-Postbank Internet banking and the m-Postbank mobile application;
- At any ATM of Postbank - menu “Other services” with a registered bank card for the “B-Pay” service;
- Automatic repayment every month by direct debit from a current account with the Bank. If you used this service at Piraeus Bank, it will be automatically transferred and will continue to be active at Postbank (for credit cards of individuals only).
- By a bank transfer or postal money order (postal order) to IBAN BG80 BPBI 9920 10 01010109. The transfer order must contain: the full name of the cardholder and the credit card number and UCN number of the cardholder should be indicated in the field “Payment reason”. (individuals credit cards only).
4. Information about Piraeus-UNICEF donation cards
As of the Date of the operational merger, all Piraeus-UNICEF debit and credit cards will be deactivated.
The donor credit cards will be replaced with new Postbank credit cards, with the My Rewards loyalty program included. See more here. Any cash accrued from the Cash Back program will be credited to Postbank's new credit card balances and will be available for you to use.
The donor debit cards will be replaced by new Postbank debit cards. See more here.
After the Date of the operational merger, it will not be possible to accumulate donations to UNICEF from the use of credit or debit cards issued by the Bank.
All donations raised through the use of Piraeus Bank donation cards will be transferred to UNICEF, and all customers who hold such cards will continue to be able to make regular donations to UNICEF from their Postbank accounts.
5. General information and advantages of Postbank's bank cards
- Online credit and debit card payments
We present you the new program for maintaining maximum security in online bank card payments, the so called 3DS (3-D Secure). The program complies with the requirements of Mastercard and VISA and the European legislation for secure identification when performing electronic payment transactions at a distance. All your online payments to merchants participating in the Visa Secure and Mastercard Identity Check secure payment programs must be further identified through the use of a free software token - the m-Token Postbank mobile application.
In order to make online payments you will need to:
- Provide an up-to-date mobile phone number and email address upon receipt of your new card from Postbank;
- Download the m-Token Postbank application from the App Store or Google Play, install it on your smart phone and register with the codes we will provide to you by SMS and email.
If you do not provide an up-to-date mobile phone number and email address, you will not be able to register with the m-Token Postbank application and will not be able to make online payments that require additional cardholder identification.
If your existing Piraeus Bank card is registered on certain sites (such as ePay, PayPal, etc.), when you activate your new card by Postbank, you will need to renew your registration with the new card number.
Postbank Credit Cards bring you another benefit - you make money while shopping.
Always use your credit card for every purchase and be sure that your loyalty will be generously rewarded - the more often you use your Postbank credit card for purchases, the more points you earn - regardless of the value of the purchase, you earn points against every BGN spent.
The rewards you can receive could greatly exceed the value of your credit card annual fee. The more and more often you use your credit card for purchases, the sooner you will receive a cash prize by exchanging your bonus points. You can learn the full terms and conditions for collecting and sharing MyRewards Points by acquainting with the Official Program Rules.
- Using Postbank ATMs
Postbank has more than 450 ATMs throughout the country.
The fee for withdrawing cash by credit or debit card of Piraeus Bank from an ATM of Postbank is already equated to the fee for withdrawing cash from an ATM of Piraeus Bank and you can benefit from the whole ATM network of both banks, with the same withdrawal fee.
All other fees, including cash withdrawals at ATMs in Bulgaria and abroad, remain unchanged and are in accordance with the current Piraeus Bank Tariff until the Date of the operational merger when Piraeus Bank cards will be deactivated.
- SMS notifications
If you use the SMS notification service for card transactions issued by Piraeus Bank, you can continue to use the service with your new card by Postbank after the Date of the operational merger.
- Card withdrawal and payment limits
All cards issued by Postbank that will replace the existing Piraeus Bank cards will have Postbank standard ATM withdrawal and POS payment limits, depending on the type of the new card. If on your Piraeus Bank card, you have chosen to use special (other than standard) limits for payment on a POS device (for debit cards) or for withdrawal from an ATM, these limits will not be automatically transferred to your new card from Postbank.
If you would like to use special limits for withdrawal and payment with your new card, other than the standard ones applicable to the new card type, please request them at the Postbank office upon receipt of the card.