The security and prevention of customers’ data is essential for Eurobank Bulgaria. We tend to protect the confidentiality of your data when using Internet banking application. In order to ensure a high level of protection please follow the recommendations defined bellow:
- Use only genuine software – do not use or install software for hacking, cracking, etc. a software which infringe the copyright, as they are likely to contain malicious code that can "steal" your login parameters and signature in the system.
- Use and update antivirus software. Antivirus software is designed to prevent and remove computer viruses and other malicious programs. Update regularly your software.
- Regularly check for malware by booting from a clean copy / antivirus rescue CD and other similar /
- Avoid working in the operating system as a user with administrative rights.
- Increase the "Internet" security zone in Internet Explorer at the highest level.
- Do not let people with administrator privileges to work with the personal computer you use to access e-Postbank.
- Use special hardware to protect the digital certificate needed to work with Internet Banking.
- Use and update Firewall. Firewall is a system designed to prevent unauthorized access to your computer or private network and can be set to alarm you in case of malicious attacks against your system.
- We recommend that you upgrade your web browser, operating system and software. The manufacturers periodically provide updated and new versions of the foregoing which increase the level of security.
- Avoid using e-postbank application from public computers and public hotspots with internet access
- Change your password regularly.
- Use strong passwords, consisting of small and capital letters in combination with numbers and length not shorter than 8 symbols.
- Do not disclose your password and username to anyone.
- Do not write on a physical medium your username and password to avoid the risk of any theft.
- In case of doubt that your username and / or password has come into the knowledge of someone else, immediately change them using the options "Change Password" and "Change Username"
- We recommend the use of unique passwords (other than those used in the Internet) to access e-Postbank
- On finishing your work in the E-postbank always exit the session by clicking the “Exit" button!
- Do not store your username and password on your web-browser.
- We assure you that Postbank will never ask you to provide your personal data, PIN codes, passwords, bank card numbers or other confidential information via e-mails.
- Do not open e-mails with suspicious content. Do not follow hyperlinks in e-mails and do not open attached files.
- In case of doubt or assumption for phishing attacks please inform us at email@example.com . Phishing is a form of fraud on the Internet where customers are tricked into revealing confidential information to malicious users. The most common online phishing scam starts with an email that looks like an official notice from a legitimate source, such as a bank or other financial institution. The e-mail directs the users to visit a fake web site, identical to the official one, where they are asked to update personal information, such as passwords and credit card, social security, bank accounts and etc.
- Avoid accessing the service e-Postbank from external links. It is advisable to type manually the address to access the service - e-postbank.bg
- Check security identifications of web-sites before you enter confidential information. You can do this by checking for the presence of https:// ... at the beginning of the URL and the padlock icon in the address bar of your browser. You can view information by the certificate issuer on the web site by clicking on the padlock icon.
Note: These recommendations are published with information purposes and do not constitute an exhaustive list of obligations on the user of "Internet Banking", related to the protection of the personalized security features of the payment instrument regulated by the Payment Services and Systems Act in regulations implementation and general terms and conditions of the Bank for electronic bank service "Internet banking". The compliance with these recommendations does not restrict the responsibility of the user of the "Internet Banking" service stipulated in the regulations and general terms and conditions.